SUCCESS!


The Fly Gabe Newell Fund Has Been Successful!

We raised over $3000 in not-even-three-days. Gabe and Erik flew down on their own dime and hung out with me. All funds raised were donated to the Child's Play charity. See below for my summary of the event.

Thanks, everyone!

For the text that was previously here - detailing the sequence of events that led up to all this - go here and here.


Sunday, September 13, 2009

$50 from Steven and $5 from Tristan (again)

Thanks, Steven and Tristan! Tristan's like the gift that keeps on giving.


Although we've more than more than met the donation target, I'm hesitant to stop accepting donations because this is probably all going to go to Child's Play. So I guess you guys can post your opinions as comments on this post, and I'll go mull it over.

The total is now $3,055.01 USD.

7 comments:

  1. Don't forget your video-cam cost, and travel, accommodation and food costs. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was wondering about that, how much would it cost to hire a good quality camera for a day or two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I uploaded those two images for you to my hosting seeing you keep exceding bandwidth....
    http://cazzaserver.com/images/flygabenewell.jpg
    and
    http://cazzaserver.com/images/flygabenewell2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have sent multiple emails to Gabe demanding he comes to Brisbane.

    And since I work at The Beat, I have *every* intention of telling him to come there and try my new drink, "The Ubercharge."

    (If you live in Brisbane, it's a very funny joke.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey mate,

    My name's James Pinnell, and I'm the Brisbane based journalist/editor from Gamer Limit (http://www.gamerlimit.com). I was wondering in the slim case that Gabe does make it over here, if you wouldn't mind if I tagged along and wrote up a story?

    If you're interested, or wouldn't mind having a chat (even a chat would be great!) please email me at james@gamerlimit.com. I'm a bit supporter of local developers (recently interviewed Krome Studios) and events, and I think you're in the middle of generating a corker :)

    Thanks mate,

    James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running off of what James just put forward, if Gabe's trip becomes a reality, and you need any help setting things up at all, I'm available for any menial labour/whip cracking/general crap jobs.

    Provided it's within the next month and a half, and I get some notice, I should be able to make time to come around and lend a hand.

    Sorry if I sound a little forward, but this is something I definitely want to be a part of, and if I can do anything more to help make it a reality, I will, if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget to ask for a unique Team Fortress hat for everyone who donated. =)

    Even if they don't make it (which I'm reasonably sure is very unlikely - they're good sports and will make it) you've raised a sizeable donation for Child's Play with a good story, and that alone would be worth it.

    Great work, and I hope this gets your L4D campaign some great exposure and feedback.

    ReplyDelete