SUCCESS!


The Fly Gabe Newell Fund Has Been Successful!

We raised over $3000 in not-even-three-days. Gabe and Erik flew down on their own dime and hung out with me. All funds raised were donated to the Child's Play charity. See below for my summary of the event.

Thanks, everyone!

For the text that was previously here - detailing the sequence of events that led up to all this - go here and here.


Monday, October 5, 2009

The Event

will take place at the Park Hyatt in Sydney, and will be open to the public from 2PM tomorrow. So feel free to drop by!

I'm off to get some more work done now.

14 comments:

  1. Cant wait for some photos for the event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll also be on TV apparently, I'm pretty nervous. Apologies in advance if I'm a nervous twat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretend they're all wearing underpants.


    ...


    On second thoughts, don't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why will you be on tv? what channel lol?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be Good Game (ABC) sticking their noses in for a 'free' interview with Gabe. They'll naturally want to have a chat with Joe as well. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. lacabra are you going to post how it went? post photos? im eager to know how it went lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, of course. It happens tomorrow. I get back here Thursday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo!
    It's a shame about L4D2 though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Video of the press event, plus an interview with Joe, is live over at Byteside.

    Check it out here.

    Awesome work, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice video. I can see what you mean by you being nervous haha. You did a good job besides the fact. I wouldn't know what to say either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn missed it... wish I knew that it was on yesterday as I would of come down and watched it!! Oh well is there going to be anything else publiclly done with Gabe while hes down here?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry pal, he's left for NZ, then home.

    ReplyDelete